Translate

Wednesday, March 4, 2015

PEOPLE OF RECONNECT HDI



Dr Vincent Udenze

Dr udenze is the founder and President of Reconnect Health Development Initiative; he is a uk based consultant psychiatrist with well over 20 years experience in the medical sector, and special interests in addiction psychiatry and service development . 
''My experience as a clinician makes me connect with the feelings and struggles of my patients. I have an innate desire to support people and communities to make changes that will improve their mental health. I am excited by the young and vibrant  people all over the world that are beginning to connect with the Reconnect vision''. 

Jean Igwebe

I have a Bachelor’s degree in Medical Biochemistry from the University of Birmingham UK, and a Masters Degree in Public Health from the University of the West of England Bristol. My passion for charitable work and research into health issues fuelled my interest for pursuing a career in Public Health. I have volunteered in a number of charity organisations such as Scope UK and also carried out systematic research in various health topics that include those addressing the impact of stigma on various health issues in Sub-Saharan Africa.
I am currently one of the team leaders for programs at Reconnect Health Development Initiative (ReconnectHDI). At one stage of my life I was partly in care and support of someone who was faced with a mental disorder. Witnessing the challenges experienced, my whole perception about mental health changed and I felt the need to be involved in the strive to promote better mental health in our country Nigeria. I believe that being a humanitarian aid worker is a lifestyle - not just a job. I find myself lucky to be able to have a meaningful career with ReconnectHDI that is in alignment with my values, interests and things I believe in.
ReconnectHDI provides an all-encompassing course in targeting issues in mental health via various programs that include treatment options, research, advocacy and education to target both the community at large and vulnerable target populations for more effective intervention outcomes. Being part of this initiative has got me in contact with the most wonderful friends and colleagues I can imagine. With a team mixed with a fine blend of both internationally and locally trained professionals who are dedicated to the same vision and aspirations, I have no doubt that ReconnectHDI will make global impacts and be a leading light in the mental health sector

Ezinwanyi Ubani-Ebere
Ezinwanyi Ubani-Ebere holds a bachelor’s degree in Psychology from the Georgia Southwestern State University in Americus,GA USA. She has interned with the Department of Family and Child Services (DFCS) and CASA in Atlanta,GA,USA. 
“Working with Reconnecthdi as program officer has been a life changer because many of us take our mental health for granted and do not know that at any moment it can be compromised. I and the entire Reconnect team take the work that we do at Reconnect very seriously because we know that people’s lives can be saved through us. In the future I see Reconnect as the main source of awareness and education when dealing with mental health in Nigeria and all over Africa.
 One of the most special things I love about Reconnect is that we focus on everyday people that may not be educated on mental health or may not even have access to get there mental health disorder treated. In addition we also focus heavily on children by bringing awareness through some of our special programs like Speak Out! and Simply Say No. Doing this will not only raise a healthier generation but create a better tomorrow for Nigeria as well.”  IM GLAD TO BE ARECONNETER!

Danielle Hewitt

I am currently a Licensed General Social Worker in Baltimore, Maryland, USA. I graduated from the Community College of Baltimore County in 2005 with an Associates of Applied Science Degree in Mental Health Counseling. I then graduated from the University of Maryland Baltimore County in 2007 with a Bachelors Degree in Clinical Social Work with a minor in Sociology. Lastly, I graduated from the University Of Maryland School Of Social Work with a Masters Degree in Clinical Social Work with a concentration in Clinical Mental Health. I have worked in the Mental Health field for 13 years with both children and adults with mental health and substance abuse issues and continue to love what I do. Social Workers do difficult work, often with challenging patients, but they provide much- needed services and can make a real difference in the lives of those they serve. 
I have decided to begin working with the NGO, Reconnect in Abuja, Nigeria as the Countries representative in the United States, due to its mission and desire to make a huge impact and make changes on an individual and societal level. I want to be a part of the movement, to empower others, make society aware of the issues, and provide services to assist individuals in getting better. I strive to maximize the development of human potential, enable people to achieve the best possible levels of personal and social well-being; and assist them in achieving social justice through social development and social change. Reconnect will continue to grow and hopefully be present and actively making a difference in all the states in Nigeria. I have a strong desire to help those who are less fortunate and I believe this is what God has lead me to do. My colleagues are dedicated, caring and educated individuals with a desire to assist others in improving their lives. The CEO/Medical Director has a huge heart, a passion to help others that is contagious, and strong desire to better mental health and substance abuse services in Nigeria. His interest carries over into the staff that he employees at Reconnect and everyone has a genuine passion to help those in need. We will continue to make a conscious effort in promoting diversity, advocating, educating, and providing services to those individuals less fortunate. 

No comments:

Post a Comment